Biggest hit rate in a podcast, ever
From time to time I stumble upon something that I want to share with others. Now is once again that time.
I have been a semi-active podcast listener now for about 5 years. For all that time there has been shows coming to my list of regulars, as well as shows leaving the list. A few weeks ago I found a program that has apparently been up and alive for eight years, but I had never heard of it before: The Art of Manliness Podcast. Now I have just listened a handful of episodes of it, but so far it has had a hit rate of 100% for me.
What I mean by a podcast hit rate is the ratio of episodes out of which I have got something valuable. And with the Art of Manliness, I have so far always walked away with something concrete:
- Podcast #354: Brains & Brawn — Tips and Inspiration on Being a Well-Rounded Man: Shark habits and pirate maps.
- Podcast #355: Leadership and Public Service With Gov. Eric Greitens: Added Marcus Aurelius’s Meditations to my reading list.
- Podcast #357: How to Be a Creative Genius Like da Vinci: Always have a notepad.
- Podcast #359: Tribe of Mentors — Short Life Advice From the Best of the Best: Added Tribe of Mentors to my reading list.
- Podcast #360: Understanding Male Friendships: Must, Trust, Just and Rust friends.
That may not sound like much, but some of those, like the da Vinci episode, have already had a big impact in my daily life.
Give it a try.
Ps. I know the show has an awful name – the little feminist inside of me really hates it as well.